Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Mattie Anne

She finally arrived. April 7th 2006 at 3:22am. A beautiful little baby girl. 8 pounds even and 19 1/2 inches long. Her birth was fine, 7 hours of not too bad labor, towards the end it was pretty intense. The midwife broke my water at 9 cm and the contractions became more painful. I just wanted it to be over so badly. She was a little harder to push out than Roman, and yes it hurt.
After I had her, I thought everything was fine until I started noticing a lot of blood and noticing I was getting really dizzy just lying on the bed. The midwife came to check on me and was pretty concerned. They kept saying are you doing okay? Stay awake, things like that. She gave me a shot on the thigh, and made me drink something yucky, and then I felt a little better. She kept checking my blood pressure and pulse and I guess when my blood pressure was about 60/20 they called 911. The whole time I was just completely dizzy and didn't know what was going on. The next thing I know there are all these firemen and paramedics in my room, the lights are all on, and everyone is saying Colleen stay awake. So I had to be transported to the hospital in Prescott to find out why I was hemorrhaging.
I found out several hours later that part of the placenta was still attached inside my uterus and this was where I was hemorrhaging. Not only that, but the hemorrhage was causing me to clot ridiculously and some of the clots were as big as a softball. They removed everything right there in the hospital room with nothing to numb the pain and let me tell you it was much worse pain than the whole childbirth. But it is all overwith now, and I am so glad that it is. Now I have a beautiful little baby girl and I am so grateful that she is healthy and happy and we are all safe.

My Mom was here for the entire birth and just went home last night. She really helped me out, I think I would be feeling a lot worse if she hadn't been here to help me out. I am really going to miss her, in fact I cried after she left, but I am okay now. I know she will read this, so Mom, don't feel bad, you were a great help to me! Roman and Cliah are so proud to have a new little sister. Roman is sooo sweet giving her kisses and Cliah wants to help as much as she can. We are all going to have to adjust to having another member of the family, but I am sure we will do just fine.

1 comments:

carol louise said...

Lini, I feel really bad that I had to go home so soon, but when I got home I realized I really was tired. I am still a little tired but I think just from the stress of everything. I can't wait to see you and the baby and kids again but hope you don't come down if you are not up to it. Love, Mom