Friday, February 24, 2006

Going to NY, again!

Well it's all set, we are going to Conneticut via New York this summer. American Airlines had a smashing deal for $123 each plus tax to fly round trip, what a deal! Our whole family can go for about $600.00. So we will be flying out my husband and I, my daughter, my son and an infant, oh boy! It will be interesting flying with so many little ones. I am going to have to find out about a bassinet out there, because I am not going to bring mine, it just can't happen.

The last time I was in NY was on two days before 9-11. We went to NY on Sunday the 9th and were scheduled to leave on the 12th. Regardless to say we were stuck in Conneticut for a few extra days and it was very unnerving. I remember sleeping in my father in-laws apartment in Westport and hearing those New England ambulance and firetruck sirens. I woke up to them on September 12th and thought the world was ending. To me they sounded like air raid sirens and I was very scared.

It was such a long time ago, and I haven't been back since. I kind of just reluctantly send my husband by himself because I just haven't had the interest in going. So it is going to be strange to be back there after all this time and traveling with my whole family. I hate flying, but to bring all my kids too, it's just kind of scary. But I have to just think of how many people fly every day with no problems.

0 comments: